Peterborough Music Hub/PHACE fully recognises its responsibility to protect and safeguard the welfare of children and young people in its care.
Our Safeguarding policy sets out how the organisation’s governing body discharges its responsibilities relating to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The policy reflects the Peterborough Safeguarding Children Board child protection procedures and ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ 2015.
We recognise that for children and young people’s high self-esteem, confidence, supportive friends and good lines of communication with a trusted adult helps to prevent abuse.
This organisation will therefore:
- establish and maintain an ethos where children feel secure and are encouraged to talk, and are listened to;
- ensure children know that there are adults in the organisation whom they can approach if they are worried or in difficulty;
- include, in the curriculum, material which will:
- reinforce essential skills for every child to include self-esteem and confidence building, thinking independently and making assessments of risk based on their own judgements;
- embed e-safety at every relevant opportunity;
- ensure that wherever possible every effort will be made to establish effective working relationships with parents and carers and with colleagues from partner agencies.
Key Contact list for Safeguarding in Peterborough Music Hub
Working Together to Safeguard Children states that local authorities should have a designated officer or a team of designated officers involved in the management and oversight of allegations against people that work with children.
Local Authority Designated Officer team:
- 01223 727967 – Cambridgeshire
- 01733 864038 – Peterborough
- Out of Hours Emergency Duty Team: 0345 0455203 Cambridge, 01733 864180 Peterborough
If you have concerns about an adult working with a child under the age of 18 that you would like to report, please follow the link below: